I need things to be a certain way when I write. I need an atmosphere that is somewhat quiet and orderly. One thing I can't have is a whining dog.
He's been whining nearly from the time I got home to the last 30 minutes. Now he's barking and woofing at non-existent things. We went for a walk which felt like 30 minutes but was 15. During that time I managed to lose my housekeys. Fortunately, they fell out of my pocket in our backyard so I didn't have to look for them very long.
I have some self-imposed writing deadlines that I want to reach before April 1st. I dropped three things I was going to do in April that required entry fees so I wouldn't feel so much pressure.
- Write two more stories for a site before the end of the month. (I have half of one and am nearly finished with another.)
- Start and finish my Lemony Snicket story entry. Only done brainstorming so far. (Deadline 4/1/06)
- Finish Summer 2006 The First Line entry. I think I have 800 or so words done. (Deadline 5/1/06)
- Do some drabbles for my local group.
- Finish book review query letter for OnceWritten.com.
It bothers me that we've had dirty dishes in the sink since we got back. I cleaned nearly all of them. I have a load of clothes in the dryer waiting for me to hang them up. It bothers me that my husband hasn't updated Quicken since the 10th. I know he's not had time during our vacation or the first few days after we got back. The reasonable side of me knows this. I know we aren't going to bounce anything if it's not done for a few more days, but I know there are bills due and I would rather pay them sooner rather than later. I have always been like that. Starting in April we won't have checks every week because my husband's pay cycle is changing. I don't want to have all the bills messed up because they didn't get paid on time this month.
So now I've paralyzed myself and I can't write.