- For instance, in high school I wanted my husband (then friend) to take me to the U2 concert when they came to town. He opted to go see Matthew Sweet instead and I stayed home. I’ve never seen U2 in concert but I’ve seen Matthew Sweet dozens of times.
- I saw the Rattle and Hum movie during high school but I don’t remember anything from it.
- I remember watching U2 perform during the Live Aid concert in my parent’s home on the Zenith tv with one of the first remotes. (But I preferred to sit next to the tv to change the volume and channels with my toes.) I felt like I was watching something important and felt like I was a part of history.
- We haven’t bought a U2 album since Zooropa. The older songs have more of the Irish melodies/drum beats than the newer stuff. While U2 was always political and socially aware it’s nice to see that none of this has changed with their success.
- Bono and the rest of the gang can really put on a performance. Only two parts were kind of weird for me during the movie – when Bono reaches out towards the audience (a little too close in 3D) and when he lets off a smoke bomb like a soldier. If I were to see them in concert I might not know where to look.
The weather is super nice today. Will have to fill up the pond even though it will just snow again in a few days.